Who We Are
Bold Type develops connected wireless medical devices and the applications used to operate them. Our customers range from venture-backed startups bringing a new connected medical device into the world to large medical device companies that need our expertise in wireless communication and software development in the context of regulated medical devices.
What We Do
At Bold Type, we specialize in fast-prototype and incrementally-built medical device product development. Our teams move quickly to develop tangible and testable product iterations that are incrementally expanded in feature scope. This allows the concepts and products to evolve based on validated learning. Our customers love that with us they are interacting with real functioning prototypes in weeks allowing them to have a clear sense on the status of our development progress and the opportunity to adjust design and requirements based on actual-use feedback. We work the full cycle of medical device product development and the associated regulatory submissions. We also assist our customers in the transfer of our designs into production. We are here because we love to develop awesome ground-breaking products that improve people’s lives – that’s what we do.
Who You Are
As a Senior Agile Program Manager at Bold Type your primary function involves you collaborating between various teams and providing project management support including project planning, project scheduling, and status reporting to our internal teams as well as clients.
- Coordinate the development of new systems and / or applications across the various functions of the SW development team: Product, UI/UX Design, Development, QA
- Ensure team tasking is properly planned and sequenced to drive efficient execution
- Ensure that requirements and designs are properly documented prior to being assigned to development
- Ensure that Test Protocols are properly documented
- Ensure that processes and workflows are adhered to
- Manage JIRA Projects, Issues and Boards
- Lead project meetings: standup, requirement reviews, and planning meetings
- Develop and deliver project status and roadmap presentations for customers
- Promoting empowerment of the team by ensuring that each team member is fully engaged in the project with meaningful contribution
- Encouraging a sustainable pace with high levels of quality for the team
The scope of this position requires a formal level of education and/or experience. Potential candidates should have a:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Business
- ACP/SAFe certification preferred
Attracting the right persons for this position is fundamental to our recruitment process. If you have:
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects. PMI-ACP, CSM, or equivalent preferred
- Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 5-7 team members including Developers, Business Analysts, and QA Personnel
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
- Ability to provide leadership to business analysts and collaborate with customers and develop strategies and solutions of high business value
The right candidate will also have:
- Very effective interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
- Proven ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools:
- Agile Project Management tools such as Jira or equivalent
- Microsoft Project, Visio, and all Office Tools
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view
We are particularly interested in candidates that have a proven track record of successfully implementing software or web development projects using Agile methodologies including 5+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams.
At Bold Type, we pride ourselves in creating a self-challenging, diverse and inclusive environment. Our team, from top to bottom, is proud of what we do and what we accomplish. At the core of our values, we strive to be kind, honest, and hard-working partners – to our clients and our colleagues. If you think you align with these values, we happily invite you to apply for this position.
The Hiring Process
So, you’ve gotten this far, now’s the fun part! We attract the best talent by having them brag about their past work and showcase their talent. Are you ready to apply?
Step 1: Presentation
We’d love to see your work! Please upload your CV/resume with a short presentation of past work.
As part of your application process, we also ask that you submit a 5–10-minute video to [email protected] introducing yourself and speaking on one of your best projects so far:
- What was the structure of the team you managed?
- What were your responsibilities?
- How did you manage the team?
- What did you learn over the course of the project?
Step 2: Dialogue & Discussion
This will be a Zoom call where we will be assessing:
- Skills & technical fit
- Cultural fit
Step 3 – Short Assignment
You will be given a working challenge to see if you are indeed the right one for the position.
Step 4 – Offer
For more information about Bold Type, please visit our website at boldtype.com